when parents trying to “give instructions” to your future
Erik Satie | Cinq Nocturnes; No.3, Un peu mouvementé (1919)
Klára Koermendi, piano
[Odilon Redon, Red boat with blue sail]
Figure Skating Ask
1. Are you a figure skater?
2. What’s your favorite thing about figure skating?
3. What’s your favorite jump.
4. What’s your favorite spin.
5. Do you watch synchro?
6. What’s your favorite discipline?
7. Whose your all time favorite skater?
8. Which Up and coming skater you’re most excited for?
9. Whose a skater that you love that no one else likes?
10. Who in your opinion is the most underrated skater?
11. Do you prefer words or no words in the music?
12. What program can you watch 100 times and never get sick of?
13. Who is a skater that you feel has great potential, but just hasn’t gotten there yet?
14. What is the saddest moment in figure skating history?
15. How did you get into figure skating?
16. Have you ever been to a show or competition?
17. Have you meet any famous figure skaters?
18. Moment that shocked you the most?
19. What music do you feel is way over used?
20. Do you prefer simple costumes, or extravagant ones?
21. Favorite choreographer?
22. Favorite male skater currently competing
23. Favorite male skater who is retired
23. Favorite female skater currently skating
24. Current female skater who is retired
25. Favorite pairs team currently competing
26. Favorite pairs team who is retired
27. Favorite ice dance team currently competing
28. Favorite ice dance team who is retired.
Feel free to add your own (via icedanceroyalty)]]]]]]
I tried to answer these but Tumblr formatting defeated me. Again.
But let’s ask some questions we actually care about? Like:
1. If we threw all the Russian Lady teens into a ring and yelled, “DEATH MATCH!” who would come out on top?
2. How many signatures on a petition do we need to get Jason Brown to sport an up-do?
3. Which two skaters in the men’s field at Skate America are likely to lock eyes across the ice in the middle of the warm up and suddenly fall ridiculously in love and are unable to skate?
4. Which skater is likely to come out of the closet as a lesbian approximately five years from now (and, no, you can’t say Kevin Reynolds)?
Hello everyone. You know, I’m so overwhelmed right now because it’s my first time at a team event. I’m really glad we won today and were, as a team, very united; that’s the reason why we succeeded *Anna hugs Lena*. When our team performed I was more worried for them than even for myself.
As for my record, frankly, I didn’t expect such a score since it’s the first competition of the season. But of course I’m very pleased with the way I skated and thanks everyone on my team for skating so well… I love you!
Jonathan Cassar performing in An Evening On Ice in 2014.
The artist, great athlete, personality and inspiration. You’ll be truly missed. Good luck with all the wonderful things the future holds for you!
From Denis Ten’s instagram